Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Valentine's Day, revisited.

While it passed a little bit ago, I wanted to give everyone a heads up on my valentine's day. It was pretty much the "I am my own lover" day I predicted. I did receive a few valentines though, so I wasn't totally alone. First, I received the obligatory card from my parents. Touching, really. Then I received a beautifully wrapped package from a certain gentleman caller that was right up my alley (not that package or that alley, you pervs). It was the first season of 30 Rock and I have now seen every episode at least three times.

Tina Fey plus Alec Baldwin equals romance to me.


I also got my wonderful package of goodies from Alix, my Valetine's Day swap partner. I am a turd and didn't take pictures, but I covered most bases with the help of the internet. Her package to me included:

A Valentine's Day Pez dispenserI ate all three packages of pez from the dispenser, by myself, in one day.


A bath salt wonderfulness from lushThe item I received was heart shaped, but you get the gist. It smelled like heaven and made my skin so smooth my ass didn't itch from dryness for the first time this whole winter.


A rubber duckie

This little guy did indeed make bath time lots of fun. Lots and lots of fun.

And raspberry white chocolate from Starbucks and a beautiful bookmark, neither of which I could find pictures of on the internet. The chocolate was also inhaled the first day and the bookmark is placed firmly in my current read. Alix deserves some serious credit for these presents that really made my day.
I also received a specatacular Valentine from my dear friend Alexis. It was handmade, sweet and gave me something to chew for the last week.


Nothing says I love you like a box full of candy hearts all saying "I love you."


Last, but not least, Miss Vu sent me love in the form of pomegranate jelly bellys. Following a familiar pattern, the bag was consumed within an hour. They were as delicious as was the sentiment behind them.

Just as delicious as the real thing, but without the risk of staining everything within a 15 yard radius red.

I made a nice little set up for myself. I took my mini tv and dvd player into my bathroom, set it on my toilet, angled it so that I could see it while in the tub, then plugged it in. I got myself two beers and some chocolate and set them within easy reach of the tub. I filled up the bath with warm water and the bath stuff and duckie from alix. I popped in the 30 Rock from gentleman caller, pressed play, got in the tub and enjoyed one hell of an evening.

This is me enjoying my bath. Only, you know, way hotter. And without a dvd remote in one hand and a beer in the other.


The only problem was, after two beers, the bladder was a bit full, and it was a little unwieldy trying to quickly move the tv/dvd off my toilet with slippery hands, all the while trying not to electrocute myself. The mission was accomplished, but there were a couple of close calls. Overall, Valentine's Day was a great day this year. I will have to start working if I want to return it to the day of self loathing and pity it once was.

2 comments:

Alix said...

I'm so glad you liked the things! Sounds like you got lots of lovely goodies. 30 Rock is the best I still fall about laughing over Alec Bladwin's DJ/farmer comment

Anonymous said...

Blog post of the century.