Friday, February 1, 2008

40 X 365: 1. Snow!

I recently read about these projects people do where they pick a number of words and limit themselves to that number to write little things about people every day for 365 days (or entries). It seems like a good way to at least write something everyday, so I am going to try it on. I picked 40 words because it seems like a popular number. Not too cumbersome. Also, I tend to get pretty wordy, so this will help me with the whole brevity thing. I don't really want to limit myself to only people, so I decided I will write 365 40-word entries on things I like. People, places, events, activities, food, etc. Now for number one.

1. Snow!

I shuffle along blindly, wearing a maniacal grin, tongue sticking out to catch the flakes, laughing at the absurdity of everyone slipping around. All I want is to tackle strangers into the pristine banks then shove snow down their pants.

5 comments:

Alix said...

Great first entry! I think this project is so cool I meant to do it than I haven't - story of my life!

Bend Bow Shoot Tiger said...

No kidding? Even when not drunk?

Me said...

Believe it or not, inebriation is not necessary for my snow tackles. It only aides my ruthlessness.

Unknown said...

As an erstwhile recipient of one of your snow tackles, I recommend them!

Anonymous said...

So, others have admitted to receiving snow tackles. But am I the only one man enough to admit to having snow shoved down my pants? You pack a mean snow tackle for a little lady, oh nameless friend of mine.

-Nemo