Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A weekend devoted to me!

So, I think it has become painfully obvious that I have fallen a little behind. Not to say I'm giving up on 40X365, but let's just say 365 may not happen in 365 days. Or ever. But I will try.

Before I make an attempt to get back into it, I wanted to take a moment to recap what was probably the best weekend of my life, until now or ever. It was my birthday this past weekend and with the help of some friends, it was the event of my life. Actually, it was like my wedding, but without having to share the attention with a stupid groom. My beautiful, sneaky, resourceful friend Tina flew in to celebrate with me. She took me out to eat at the most insanely intense restaurant I have ever been to where we enjoyed not one, not two, but 24 freaking courses. It was weird, it was delicious, it was awesome. Without my knowledge, Ms. Tina (who, I can't say this enough, went above and beyond the expectations of what a friend should do), along with Erin and Alexis and many others, planned the most incredible celebration ever. Alexis and Erin (in the most decisive moment of their life) helped plan a dinner at a delicious Lebanese restaurant complete with belly dancer. Man, do they know me (after 17 and 13 years, they better. What's more incredible, they still like me after all that time). Erin, despite not using the penis mold I specifically requested, made a 600 calorie a slice s'mores cake that will be served at my actual wedding. Then we went to this funky ass lounge Tina found where I was greeted by 30 of my closest friends. Seriously, I have never felt more loved in my life. My wonderful old roommates Nemo and Matt trekked from out of town to be there. I danced like a fool, drank entirely too much, and have 129 incriminating photos of myself and many others. I have realized that I have the best friends anyone could ever ask for and I am a really lucky duck. To those of you who were there and read this, I love you, and can't begin to thank you enough. I've never felt so special, and no group of people could ever make me feel as good. I should have a birthday every week.

You can understand after an event like this, it is hard to get back to my favorite things, because they were all encompassed in one weekend and 40 words isn't nearly enough to express just how awesome it was. This was a brief and superficial synopsis, but any attempt to dig deeper or share more would cheapen it. Thanks with all of my bloody, beating heart is all I can say.

Note: As all of this was planned without my knowledge, I have only heard bits and pieces of who planned what and how it came together. If I credited anyone incorrectly, or worse, didn't give credit where credit was due, I apologize. You all were just too crafty and successful in putting me off your scent and too humble to ever own up to what you did. All the same, thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, shit. Did she take you to Alinea???

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, by the way!

Me said...

Yes, she took me to Alinea. It was obscene and decadent and so good. And crazy. Completely, bat shit crazy. She done lost her mind.

Alix said...

What a lovely birthday. The meal sounds amazing 24 courses wow!
Glad you had such a lovely time.

No one said the 365 days had to be all in the same year :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday every day, friend. This year is going to be amazing.

Any acts of ridiculousness are justified in that you are ridiculously wonderful. No one could find a better friend than you.

Anonymous said...

How many incriminating photos do you have of Donnelly and his Public House suitor?

-Nemo