Friday, April 25, 2008

Headspace: Thoughts 1-11

Thoughts that have been occupying my headspace lately (in no order of importance to me):

1. How nervous was Daniel Radcliffe when he performed full frontal nudity on stage after months of hype?
- What were his biggest fears? Not living up to size expectations? Becoming aroused? Cellulite?

2. Are there non virgins who have never had their boobs felt/ felt a boob?

3. Why is Tina Fey so funny and how can I become her? And if I cannot become her, how can I befriend her in a non creepy way?

4. Why would anyone ever send me this website (WARNING: Contains pictures of poo)? And why did I look at it twice?

5. Do people who use the internet for dating have something seriously wrong with them, and if so, does that mean that since I have used the internet for dating, I have something seriously wrong with me?

6. Am I less charming in person than I think I am in my head (because that would explain a thing or two)?

7. Why do dressing rooms ever, EVER, use harsh overhead lighting and mirrors that make you look anything other than 10 pounds lighter?

8. If I had to pick only one song to karaoke, would it be something from Led Zeppelin or would it be the Ying Yang Twins? Which would get more applause if I actually sang it with conviction and without gasping for breath?

9. Are there people who really like going to the dentist?

10. Do anti-Semites hate matzo ball soup just on principle?

11. How weird will it be to dissect a human in medical school? Will it be weirder having my fellow classmates do OMM on me? Especially when they have to touch my butt? Will it be weirder for me to do it on them? Will I want to be partnered with someone I'm attracted to, someone I'm unattracted to or someone of my same sex (attractive or not)? What if someone (especially me) passes gas during the process? Is there anything one could say (either the person who did the deed or who heard it) to make that less awkward and uncomfortable? Can you ask someone out on a date while you are manipulating their skeletal system? Does that fall into the category of creepy?

Please feel free to provide answers to these questions. The more honest, the better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I looked at that website. Those people have some very serious problems going on in their digestive tracts! I'd heard of ropey poo, but SHEESH!

Anonymous said...

We both posted lists of stuff in our heads today - your head is more interesting and funnier!

Can't answer everything (well I can but I don;t have time!) but
No3 - yes I want to be her too
No9 - yes they are freaks. Or have some pleasure/pain thing going on.
No 11 - Sounds like it could be a movie whether it's a rom-com or a stalker movie is debatable :)
Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

6. You are charming enough that the mere mention of your name brings people together. It's my new conversation starter, and trust me, it's started quite a few. JA 4EVR

Unknown said...

5. Mark and I met on the internet. And I don't think we have anything seriously wrong with us. Although the only other internet date I went on did have something seriously wrong with him.

6. You are MEGA CHARMING.

8. If you come to our wedding, I hope your decision is made by then as we will have a karaoke machine.