Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Bathe Me

Baths. I love them. Is there a more decadent, self-indulgent, relaxing activity than taking a long bath? I took a bath for the first time in awhile yesterday and it was divine. When I get around to really scrubbing my tub and committing to the bathing experience, I like to do it right. I do variations of the following things: mud mask, reading, candles, incense, bath crystals, bubbles, loofah, beverage (depending on my mood it could be wine, beer or coke zero), food I can pick at without creating a food in tub situation, cell phone, exfoliating scrub (though it isn't really ideal for the tub unless you want an exfoliated ass, which, as I'm typing it, doesn't sound like a bad thing after all) as well as a few other things that need not be mentioned in a public forum. Ladies, you know what I mean. I think my love of baths began at an early age. I had two favorite bathtime items. One was this Gilligan's Island floating...well...island. It had caves and hills and all kinds of cool stuff that the characters could stand on. I mean, what a great idea! A floating island for the bathtub. The other was bath foam. God how I loved bath foam. We had all different colors and you could put it in your hair and give yourself a mohawk. It was awesome. If I could get my hands on some bath foam, I would probably use it right now. We also had a scuba diver that ran on batteries and swam around the tub, but that kind of geeked me out. He would disappear beneath the bubbles and next thing you know you have a fin in your ass crack. Trust me, it isn't a fun way to remember you have a scuba diver in your tub. My parents had a jacuzzi bath in their house, and, in the bathroom with the jacuzzi bath, there was a tv. Talk about heaven. I think the shortest I ever stayed in that tub was an hour and a half. And damn, if there was a Real World marathon on, there was no way I was getting out of that tub until my skin hurt from pruniness.
And now, for my favorite bath of all...

Blue Lagoon


Iceland's Blue Lagoon. What more could you want from a bathing experience that geothermal heat, natural, cleansing body scrub, showers, lava, waterfalls, varying heat and Icelandic people? Nothing. Nothing.

Now go. Go enjoy a bath.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow. I can't say Iceland had been on my radar as a top three location, but I may have to rethink the list.

I am going to add one thing to the heavenly mix: hot dog.

Unknown said...

Really? Unless someone else is in the bath with me, I get kinda bored. If there was a TV, though, that'd be a whole different story.

Me said...

Once, I brought my little tv into my apartment bathroom, set it on the toilet and watched a movie. It was awesome, though it took some moderation to make sure it was far enough from the tub that I could 1. see, 2. not be electrocuted if it fell over.

I sometimes get bored, but that is what the cell phone is for.