Friday, June 6, 2008

GUESTS!

Clearly I've been an uninspired blogger lately. Martin, from Culturephiles, noted my blog's recent illness, and perhaps death, and suggested it needed reviving. Reviving indeed! This suggestion sparked what I think may be one of the greatest ideas ever created. In order to breath a little life into Eating Bears, I asked Martin to be the first of hopefully many guest bloggers on this site. He obliged, on the condition that I write a guest blog for him. We chose a topic that fit both of our blog themes, his being all things cultural and mine being general depravity, often in the form of lists, and came up with a top ten list of songs to bone to. We would each come up with our own list, including justifications, and share them on each others blog. I am really excited about this idea because I have a lot of blogs I read that are pretty fantastic, and I would love to get their action on my site. Plus, it might get me out of a little blogging while still placating my adoring fans...all 5 of you. So, if you have a blog, and I read it, just be ready for me to ask you to guest star on Eating Bears. And if you wish to publish under a pseudonym to protect your good name from the tarnish associated with this site, that could be possibly be arranged. You can check out my list at Culturephiles.

2 comments:

Parisian at Heart said...

I could not be more excited about this! Seriously I mean that. YEA! Also, can't wait to hear about your trip - there must be pictures!

Anonymous said...

I am torn.

I love that there is blogging, and I love the blogs themselves.

And yet, if it's swapping writing for the same exact topic, why not just use your own blog?

I am pro-guest blogging if it inspires writing. Perhaps introducing topics that are not fully reciprocated by each blogger might be considered.

I know, I'm picky.